We respect everyone’s right to express their thoughts and opinions, and encourage constructive dialogue among members on our social media pages.
However, to keep a positive experience for our audience, we reserve the right to remove messages, contributions and followers and to take down photos, comments and other material we consider offensive or unproductive or that break the rules stated below.
Users of Hutt Valley NZ social media pages should not:
- Use inappropriate, disrespectful, rude or abusive language or emojis
- Post, comment or share hateful or discriminatory comments toward any person or group.
- Post, comment or share anything containing sexually explicit or objectionable content.
- Post comment or share unsolicited advertising, marketing or spam or violate copyright or intellectual property rights.
- Advertise third-party products or services.
- Post comment or share attacks on specific groups or any comments meant to harass, threaten or abuse an individual or a group.
- Post, comment or share any personal details (including names), photos and videos of people taken without prior consent.
- Impersonate another person or group.
We welcome all questions and commentary, including constructive feedback.
We don’t take decisions on moderating lightly, but we do expect that your posts are both relevant and respectful to our community as a whole.
We do not monitor our social media pages outside of business hours, but if you need to contact us urgently please call Hutt City Council 24/7 on 04 570 6666. Otherwise, we'll reply once we're back in the office Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm.
Our social media accounts
Our accounts are:
- Hutt Valley NZ - Facebook
- Hutt Valley Locals - Facebook Group
- TheHutt - Twitter
- HuttValleyNZ - Instagram
- HuttValleyNZ - YouTube
Hutt Valley Locals
This is a Facebook Group made for the locals, by the locals, to share images and stories about the very best of what the Hutt Valley has to offer. Share your sunset images, your best go-to eats and your favourite local walks, we want to see it all!
Users of this group should:
- Share Creative Content
Post positive, creative and fun content. Please don't post any advertising or sales related information as this group's purpose is not a buy/sell group
- Adventures not advertising
We’re keen to see where you’ve been, what you rate and your experience with all the great things you do. Please stick to sharing experiences rather than any sort of advertising or selling.
- Create posts where others can relate
This is a community group so please make your posts relevant to the wider community.
Please don't post private information about other people. This includes pictures, addresses, bank cards, ID cards etc.
- Be kind and respectful
Make sure everyone feels safe. Bullying of any kind isn't allowed, and degrading comments about things like race, religion, culture, sexual orientation, gender or identity will not be tolerated.
- We'll moderate to keep it positive and on form
But only if we really have to - the Hutt's got a lot of friendly respectful and talented people.
By posting in this group you agree to give Hutt Valley NZ, My Upper Hutt and Hutt City Council permission to repost your content either on our Facebook page, Instagram (text, photo, video etc), Twitter or website. Name credit will be given if we do share.