It seems you’re using a browser that is a little past its time and our website might not be able to perform as it should.
If you’d like to have the best experience on WellingtonNZ.com, you can easily update your browser to get the most out of our website and many more for that matter.dismiss this message
Dial down your food miles by buying fresh, flavoursome food and drink from the people that make them.
Our multi-cultural communities add spice, skills and great stories into the mix. Among our local culinary champions are traditional Cypriot cheese-makers, South African meat-curers, Indian spice importers, and owners of a longstanding Italian deli, shop and restaurant. Petone is our ‘street-sized kitchen’, boasting a particularly diverse mix of grocers, delis and more. For a guided tour, check out the Petone Taste Buds Tour run by Zozo Travel.
Caffeine-fiends can work themselves into a froth at any of five coffee roasters scattered through the valley. For something even stronger, check out Brewtown, our craft beer hub, getting bigger and better by the day.
The Riverbank Market every Saturday is the Hutt Valleys one stop shop for fresh fruit, vegetables, fish, meat and bread with a changing range of food trucks to feast on. From the cheap and cheerful to the gourmet and sublime as well as a few arts, crafts and clothing stores.
· Reuben sandwich from On Trays
· Creamy Rosewater and Coconut ice cream from Zany Zeus
· Handmade Earl Grey tea chocolates from The Chocolate Story
· NZ-made Gouda from the Dutch Shop
· Tiramisu from La Bella Italia
· Hardie Boys Ginger Beer brewed in Wainuiomata
· Bees Blessing's Lemon & Honey Cordial
· FINZ hazelnut energy squeezie pack
· Ginger crunch from Cake & Kitchen