Winter fashion tips
Here’s 10 top tips to get your wardrobe back it’s fashion mojo from local stylist Marie Martin at Style EQ
1) Wardrobe revamp! Before treating yourself to some new additions, work out what you want to keep from your existing wardrobe and what you might like to resell at Style on Jackson, or donate to a deserving second hand store. This will prevent you buying wardrobe orphans - you know those pieces you have that don't go with anything you own!
2) Houndstooth, plaids and checked prints are big this winter in everything from coats to footwear. Goodness Petone is a great place to find some gorgeous pieces.
3) Turtlenecks are back in a variety of knits and colours and add a 70's vibe to your look.
4) Western influences are in with cowboy style boots which team really well our next winter trend, midi length skirts and dresses.
5) Pick a great scarf. Three key things to know whether it's for you or not - does the colour work with most things in your wardrobe, how does it feel and how wide is it (super important for those with shorter necks). Avisons and Tigerlily are a couple of go to stores for accessories.
6) We're spoilt for choice for jewellery outlets in the Hutt Valley but shopping vintage is another great way to create a unique look with heaps of personality. Check out Take Me Back for some great vintage finds.
7) Personally I love a great hat, better than an umbrella as it helps you shop hands free. When choosing at a hat, take notice of the width of the brim and the height of the crown. These should compliment your proportions to ensure the hat suits your face.
8) Longer length skirts and dresses with some fullness to their look really suit a classic ankle boot or a flat shoe.
9) The love affair with sneakers as dress shoes for work is ongoing this winter and YES! they can be worn with skirts and dresses as well as pants by all ages. Keep them on trend though, your old gym shoes just won't cut the mustard. The Vogue Store has a great range of Minx shoes.
10) Skin care is a must for winter too and I am a massive fan of the products made by the Botannical Beauty team. My must haves at the moment are their eye cream and face serum.
Passionate about helping you discover your style
Marie, Style EQ