Here are some immediate and simple things you can do to make sure you are doing the best for your customers
There’s a number of free ways to make your business get noticed
Including the basics like Google My Business, a free listing on NewZealand.com and having your messages or products where your target customers are.
Get in touch with us today as there are numerous ways we can help amplify the work that you're doing.
Here’s a few ways you can promote via social media
- Local community noticeboards on Facebook for Lower Hutt, Upper Hutt and many suburbs with thousands of members
- Chooice New Zealand Made Products Facebook Group (560,000+ members)
- Love Local In the Hutt Valley Facebook Group (1000+ members)
- Love Local Wellington Facebook Group (11000+ members)
- Tag us with #lovethehutt in your social media posts we can see what you’re up to
You might also like to read and follow resources such as
- Social Media Marketing Examiner's how to use visual storytelling in your marketing
- Check out this Trade Marketing Guide by Tourism New Zealand
- Get noticed with these handy articles from Tomahawk
Engage with customers on Google for free
People can find you through Google search or on Google Maps. Take a moment to be your own customer and search for yourself on Google.
Keeping this current gives people a reason to spend with your business, as well as building trust through reading other customer reviews. Spending a few minutes each week responding to reviews means you'll appear more trustworthy than those who don't.
- are your contact details correct?
- opening hours up-to-date?
- images look good? Or since you last checked are there new products or menu items you could add?
Couldn't find your business? Add it now
Want to know more? The articles below are worth a read:
- The Ultimate Guide to Google My Business for 2021 by SEMRUSH
- Why your tourism business needs to be on Google by Tomahawk
Online options for your business
Hospitality, cafes and eateries
Currently offering platform for orders, payment and delivery - and looking to expand this. delivereasy.co.nz
NZ based. Originally an app to allow customers in-store or order without having to go up to the counter. Being morphed into a contactless pickup platform. mnyou.co.nz
Wellington based. Mobile doing orders and payment. Small monthly + % fees. mobi2go.com
on the go
Mobile platform doing orders and payment. onthegoapp.co.nz
Click and collect for your cafe and eatery - built in Wellington, used all over New Zealand. Find out more at regulrapp.com
Developed by a small team in Auckland. Swiftly is a super simple shopping platform to receive orders with options for click & collect and/or delivery. Swiftly is a free option for local hospitality and retail stores. Optional online payment integration is currently being developed. swiftly.nz
A free platform with a simple backend, and you pay for add-ons (like online payments etc). gloriafood.com
Sell direct to your customers. facebook.com
A Wellington based online shopping plugin for your website. storbie.co.nz
Watch a 20 minute video guide to getting started on Shopify, hosted by Retail NZ recently and find out the full story at shopify.com
Google My Business
Engage with customers for free by claiming your Google My Business listing. Spend a few moments making sure your details are correct and adding in fresh imagery. This will help when people search in google "what's near me"