- See & do
- Eat & drink
- What’s on
- Our Valley
The Wainuiomata Pioneer Church was originally built as a Methodist church by the early pioneers of Wainuiomata. Opening services were held on 6 February 1866. The surrounding graveyard is now recognised as an archaeological site.
The church is now owned and looked after by the Wainuiomata Pioneer Church Preservation Society. The interior has been lovingly restored and the yard is impecably maintained.
The church is available for weddings, funerals and services for all denominations.
24 Coast Road
Telephone: +64 564 8135